- 06-Apr-2017 to 05-Jun-2017 (MST)
- 84102, UT, USA
- Full Time
401K Match up to 5%, Bonus Opportunities, Medical, ESPP
The Web Designer (UX/UI) is responsible for creating engaging designs in that take the consumer through the shopping and buying process for mophie's innovative and premium products.This is an eCommerce centric role that must be adept at UI/UX optimization based on a strong grasp of leading edge digital design trends and technologies. The Web Designer should also be passionate about digital brand and how to surface it in all digital consumer facing touchpoints. This role should have a good understanding of CX (customer experience) fundamentals, the shopping funnel, barriers to conversion on overall site optimization skills.
This role resides in the global Digital/eCommerce team and will be required to heavily interact with the Creative, Marketing and GTM teams to ensure digital product and brand storytelling continues to evolve in eCommerce. This role will work on a daily basis with the Digital Marketing Manager in order to ensure that all on-site promotions, The ideal candidate for this position must be able to handle tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Design and build B2C digital marketing elements that convey the brand (emails, landing pages, web banners, product pages, etc.)
- Manage site refresh and redesign efforts for mophie.com and lead roadmap strategy for constantly evolving the site.
- Align with GTM to ensure all new product is supportable on site with new PDP, landing pages, email, etc
- Lead UI/UX and A/B testing to ensure proper vetting of any major design changes to the site and/or on-line shopping experience.
- Assist in managing graphic materials and sending updates as revisions are made.
- Responsible for revisions and updating information on various mophie social and online properties.
- Fully able to multi-task while maintaining direct focus on top priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Design: Sketching, concept creation and wire framing, and user flows, creating clickable prototypes. Working with data platforms (Hotjar, Google Analytics) to plan usability test sessions and deliver ideas for testing. Using user insights and analytics
- Design Specification: Delivers appropriate level of specification needed to ensure high quality development on time in JIRA while working with and checking in on designs with developers, scheduling meetings and reviews if required.
- New Products: Align with Go to Market and Creative teams to ensure all new product is supportable on site.
- Best practice and design consistency: Researching and sharing industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences. Driving and documenting design standards and data documentation from analytic sources.
- Technical Knowledge: Proficient in wire-framing and design with both Sketch and Photoshop, and prototyping with InVision. Sound knowledge of web/mobile technologies.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Design: Shares work to get feedback and iterates their thinking with continual review.
- Design Specification: Collaborates as necessary when creating user stories to define development tasks.
- Project Management: Plans own work executing against deadlines. Finds ways to maximize efficiency.
- Working in a team: Collaborating with visual designers, developers, product owners, marketing, content managers, and project managers to define product experience and track project execution
- Product Management: Has a process for discovering new features and experiences, identifying stakeholders, creating requirements, developing a roadmap, and owning execution.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years experience designing user experiences for Ecommerce.
- Solid visual design understanding with an awareness of impact through typography, layout & composition, color theory, grid systems and use of photography.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and deadline oriented. Ability to adapt to new challenges and finds ways to solve them.
- Great attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to analyze data.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- Advanced proficiency with a variety of data-collection and design prototyping tools such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, Invision, Sketch and Adobe CC.
- Natural ability to lead, manage, and develop close relationships with team.